This page contains all downloads, links en other resources for building your own sensor station
software and hardware
Electronic design files:
- Sensor board schematic (pdf)
- PCB top view (pdf)
- Sensorboard design (Eagle)
- Bill of Materials sensorboard (pdf)
The sensor station uses two MOSFETS as voltage convertor for the DATA connection. Although some
people feed the I2C lines with 5Volt I think that is not a good idea. The Optima 7/9 expects 3.3V signal.
(@Hitec, does 5V (eventually) harm the Optima's?).
Here a some measurement results of the voltage convertor and the data signals.
Firmware source code and images:
- Firmware Code (C code, 18 Aug 2011, Version 1.0)
- Firmware Code (C code, 22 Aug 2011, Version 1.1, Added proper initGPS(..) )
- Firmware Code (C code, 10 Sept 2011, Version 1.2, Added Ottopilot A/V Sensor support)
- Firmware Image (hex). Mediatek GPS + Voltage at UIN-1 + Current ACS76 + LM335 at PC3. This is the firmware image in the preprogrammed microcontroller. See Application Ideas
- Firmware Image (zipped). Mediatek GPS + Ottopilot 90A sensor + LM335 at PC3. Do not mount R12
Main (basic) support is through excellent rcgroups forum:
- DIY Sensor Station support thread
- Hitec Aurora A9 thread
- MediaTek MT3329 GPS 10Hz + Adapter Basic from DIY Drones. Very cool GPS.